The Deer Park Tribune has been published in the Deer Park area since 1906.
Deer Park took its roots in 1889 when William H. Short and George Crawford set up a portable sawmill in a thickly timbered area north of Spokane. The Deer Park Mill would exist for 81 years, with its first permanent structure erected in 1892. Nearby Denison was the hub of Acadia Orchards Company, which started in 1905 and utilized some 10,000 acres of apple orchards. Lack of water and a series of early frosts led to its demise in 1922. In some areas, a few of the original trees still remain. Deer Park, in Spokane County, is located on U.S. Highway 395, 22 miles north of Interstate 90; 90 miles south of the Canadian border and 300 miles east of Seattle, Washington.
The Tribune and the Deer Park Extra are published on Wednesdays.
Deer Park Tribune
104 N. Main Street
Deer Park, WA 99006
Phone: (509) 276-5043
Fax: (509) 276-2041