A portion of Deer Park’s north Main Street was closed for more than an hour after a gas leak was discovered at CC’s Pawn on Monday morning.
Spokane County Fire District No. 4 personnel shut down two blocks of the street after a gas leak was reported at around 9:30 a.m. Fire crews evacuated all the businesses on the west side of the street from Stylz to the Deer Park Lube Center while they tracked down the cause of the leak.
The delay was lengthened when it was discovered that about 400 pounds of fireworks were stored in the basement of CC’s Pawn. The business operates a fireworks stand during the Fourth of July week.
The affected businesses were allowed to reopen after Avista workers turned off gas lines to the building and vented the businesses nearest CC’s Pawn.