Skip to main content

Gas leak shuts down portion of Main Street

September 3, 2013

A Spokane County Fire District No. 4 firefighter patrols a portion of north Main Street on Tuesday morning.

A portion of Deer Park’s north Main Street was closed for more than an hour after a gas leak was discovered at CC’s Pawn on Monday morning.
Spokane County Fire District No. 4 personnel shut down two blocks of the street after a gas leak was reported at around 9:30 a.m. Fire crews evacuated all the businesses on the west side of the street from Stylz to the Deer Park Lube Center while they tracked down the cause of the leak.
The delay was lengthened when it was discovered that about 400 pounds of fireworks were stored in the basement of CC’s Pawn. The business operates a fireworks stand during the Fourth of July week.
The affected businesses were allowed to reopen after Avista workers turned off gas lines to the building and vented the businesses nearest CC’s Pawn.

Spokane County Sheriff’s Office K-9 Laslo is still recovering from injuries received after being attacked by a pit bull...
A pair of Deer Park area Easter egg hunts are planned for Saturday morning. Yoke’s Fresh Market and the Open Door...
National 4-H Council recognized U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers along with other congressional leaders and...
Deer Park High School sophomore Trevor Eicher, who steam rolled the 182-pound competition in...
The Deer Park softball team ran its modest winning streak to three with a doubleheader sweep of...
Deer Park Middle School seventh grader Brent Hodgson placed first in the male middle school...

 

Premium Drupal Themes by Adaptivethemes