A small electrical fire on Thursday morning forced a short evacuation of students at Deer Park Middle School.
Units from Spokane County Fire District No. 4â€™s Stations 41 (Deer Park), 42 (Chattaroy) and 46 (Riverside) were dispatched to the scene after it was reported a large amount of smoke was accumulating in a sixth grade portable classroom.
An investigation by SCFD4 personnel attributed the smoke to an electrical malfunction.
SCFD4 officials said the smoke, while uncomfortable, was not a serious health hazard.